According to the NDIS, Complex care includes, but is not limited to:
- Interacting with a multitude of systems, especially mental health, justice, child protection and so on.
- Treating patients with a history of abuse or mental or physical trauma.
- Identifying and treating behaviours of concern
- Interacting with many community supports like mental health or homelessness supports
- Performing multiple diagnosis or psychosocial disabilities, which are degenerative conditions having inconsistent needs.
- Looking after people needing complex care within homes, like helping families having multiple children with disability and so on
- Aiding people who have insufficient support or aptitude for decision making
- Helping people who have difficulty regarding markets and services, like a person who is finding it difficult to find someone to take them on board as a client and so on.
- Helping someone who is in a hospital or prison who cannot exit the space due to the inability to find accommodation
The skilled, expert staff at First Support believe that people need both care and support to sustain an independent existence. Hence, a set pathway is not the solution for all individuals. In fact, NDIS has also recognized this and has consequently developed a pathway wherein a person who is suffering from a disability can choose more than one type of support to full fill their needs.
First Support is an NDIS-certified disability service in Melbourne, and we believe that participants should be provided with the best care possible regardless of the complexity of their needs. With over 100 staff members all over the country ranging from support workers and case managers to specialists and registered nurses, First Support has the capacity to full fill even high-level complex needs of individuals such as 24-hour care, Specialist Disability Accommodation, Respite Accommodation, and so on. We not only find the best support that satisfies the needs of an individual but also understand cultural needs and provide our services in a fast and efficient way.
To learn more about our complex care solutions, complex care clinics, and other services, you can call us on 0423 595 888 or email us at email@example.com.